View Single Post
Old June 27, 2000, 07:27 AM   #5
jthuang

While I know almost nothing about hunting shotguns, I will add the line that Dave normally inserts into these discussions: keep the bells and whistles to a minimum.

This past Saturday, I participated in a IPSC three gun match near Allentown, PA. We were in a squad with three Remington 1100 shotguns. Two of the three 1100s had misfeeds or failures to extract in EVERY stage.

One 1100 was stock -- which puzzled the heck out of me, since they are normally reliable. Must have been really dirty, gas guns are prone to malfing when they haven't been cleaned for a while.

But the other 1100 was your typical racegun and it didn't surprise me at all that it was choking. It had speedloader clamps, compensated barrel, JP muzzle attachment and the whole nine yards.

(If I may add the obvious, the Open class handguns in our squad choked frequently as well. Those guys had several reshoots just because of equipment trouble. OTOH, my buddies and I, who use only carry gear and guns, had no equipment troubles whatsoever -- from our handguns or shotguns).

Justin

------------------
Justin T. Huang, Esq.
late of Kennett Square, Pennsylvania

Page generated in 0.03294 seconds with 8 queries