View Single Post
Old August 24, 2013, 09:56 PM   #4
Uncle Malice

Quote:
I love the little finger extension on that Glock 26 and didn't realize one like that was available? What is the brand?
Yep, this one is a Pearce as well. Here is the link.

http://www.pearcegrip.com/Products/GLOCK/PG-2733

I have owned the XD sub compact as well. It's quite comfortable too. I like the XD and XDM platform as well, I just don't like them quite as much as I do the Glock and M&P platform and as such, have sold mine away. If I had unlimited funds, I would happily own them again.

If you're happy with the XD sub compact, I don't see any huge reason to switch. I do like how short the height of the gun is with the flat base plate which allows for easy pocket carry. I also really went with the Glock 26 again for magazine compatibility. I have a bunch of glock 19 magazines, as well as G17 and 33 rounders.

I also really like Glock triggers with a few simple mods. After years of trying nearly every glock trigger job or 'upgrade', I've found what I really like is either keeping the factory disconnector or using the Ghost rocket, both with the Wolff 6lb trigger spring and, perhaps most importantly, the Lightning Strike titanium polished striker block. That set up removes the staging of the trigger pull. It's a smooth pull until you hit the resistance point and then a fairly clean break. It's not quite as nice of a pull as the M&P with Apex kit, but the Glock reset is pretty much unmatched in the striker fired world. That's kind of why I've settled on Glock and M&P. Glock can have a good trigger pull with an excellent reset. M&P can have an excellent trigger pull with an okay reset after Apex parts.

Now, I have used both the Springer Precision and Powder River kits on XDs and they both produce great triggers, but they are by far the most expensive of the bunch.

Page generated in 0.02684 seconds with 8 queries