View Single Post
Old March 3, 2009, 03:15 PM   #1
Littlehoov

Stevens shotgun, hard to cock

Well, I picked up an old Stevens single shot at a pawn shop for 60 bucks. Its intention is to be thrown in the canoe when I hit the river this spring and summer.

At any rate, Ive had it for about a month, and it seems like its getting hard to cock. It wasnt that bad when I bought it, Ive put maybe 10 rounds through it. Other than that I just pick it up from time to time, break the action open, pull the hammer back (unloaded) and just make sure things are in good working order.

But anyway, its getting hard to cock, I took a can of compressed air and sprayed everywhere I could reach, that seemed to help. It made it where I could cock it with one hand instead of two.

Im thinking maybe its just dirty on the inside, the thing is probably 40 years old or better.

Im wondering how hard it would be to take apart? I honestly dont know what model # it is, as the whole gun is wrapped in camo tape, somebody had evidently used it as a turkey gun, as it seems to have a full choke, and holds a pattern quite well for an old gun.

So basically, how hard would it be to take apart, or is there anything else you folks can think of?

Page generated in 0.02455 seconds with 8 queries