View Single Post
Old July 17, 2005, 05:20 PM   #32
XavierBreath

Quote:
XBreath, your statements on not getting into a fight seem rather naive to me.
It would only seem naive to one who cannot manage to avoid a fist fight I suppose. I'm 47 years old with many miles of travel in different countries and on board ship in the Navy behind me. I have seen some serious tempers flare over things that do indeed matter. I have lived through conditions that many would not tolerate. I have seen immature men get into fist fights over more mickey mouse BS than I can count. The one common denominator was pride, ego and neither man backing down. If you cannot control your pride and ego, you will continue to get into fights. Some people just like to fight I guess, and that's OK too. In my opinion though, they should not carry a gun. If they cannot control their emotions, thoughts, mouth, arms and legs, then they cannot control their trigger finger. If they cannot see trouble fermenting before it explodes, then they will be unable to avoid using the gun. The last fist fight I was in was in the 5th grade. I came close a couple of times as a man, especially when I was a new boot in the fleet, but I also had enough sense to back down. The naivity is believing that a fist fight is unavoidable. I'll put on my Nomex now.

Page generated in 0.03107 seconds with 8 queries