View Single Post
Old January 31, 2014, 06:30 AM   #30
FrankenMauser

We'll see, hooligan. You're probably right, but there's only one way to find out...
I'm really looking forward to shooting it.
Most of all, I'm really happy to be nearly done with it. Right now, the textured paint is curing on the stock. After Sunday, maybe Monday, it'll be ready to be sealed. And, after that cures, I can put it all back together and try to find some time to test it.

But, there's no rest for the crazy.... I have a lot of other personal projects on the table right now. (Alot for me, anyway.)
I have two 80% polymer AR lowers arriving tomorrow. (Gonna have to get the drill press set back up - I just moved into a new house.)
There's a finished custom AR lower arriving soon.
There's a Marlin 336 at the 'smith, getting a .444 Marlin barrel chopped, installed, D&T'd for sights, having a bubba'd dovetail cleaned up and filled with a custom blank, and possibly getting ported. ...before I go to work on the action, itself, to convert it to .444 Marlin.

Tonight, I spent a little time with another Marlin 336, fitting a new ejector, cleaning up some idiot marks around the ejection port, and laying out the dimensions for a bearing strip to go on the bottom of the carrier (it's badly worn, and probably the cause of the "Marlin jam" that resulted in the ejection port idiot marks). And, I spent a little time taking macro photos of the crown, so I could see why it just doesn't look quite right (my eyes can't pick out the detail any more - so, using macro photography really brings out the defects). It is also going to have the magazine shortened, and the forward barrel band relocated. I wasn't expecting to have to do it, but I may have to refinish this rifle. After tearing it down, I found a substantial amount of rust and scale hiding under the caked-on grime.

There's also an H&R shotgun that needs some stock repair and a serious cleaning.
There's a Rossi model 62 that needs to have the front magazine band pin replaced and staked, along with replacing the magazine follower retaining pin.
There's a Remington 241 that needs to be troubleshot for erratic mis-feeds and short-cycling.
There's a Super Blackhawk hammer that needs to be properly fit to a Blackhawk frame.
And, I'm sure I forgot a few more...

Page generated in 0.02625 seconds with 8 queries