View Single Post
Old May 6, 2013, 11:23 AM   #32
schmellba99

When I lived in AZ, Ben Avery (huge state owned range - rather awesome one at that) instituted a policy that you were only allowed to retrieve brass from your gun. Any other brass was property of the range (they sold it for scrap or to reloading companies and used that as part of their operating income).

I went from an every weekend shooter to here and there as a result and made much more use of the range I built out in the desert, but I understood it was their rules.

I'd not patron a range that told me that I could not pick up my own brass. It is my brass, regardless of whether or not it hit the ground.

Most ranges I know that have restrictions generally don't like steel core ammo or FMJ ammo, but that is because they penetrate further and theoretically do more damage to the berm backstops. I'm not one that really believes they do that much more damage to warrant not allowing their use, but whatever.

I'm happy my gun club has no such restrictions. I'd have to find somewhere else if they did.

Page generated in 0.02531 seconds with 8 queries