View Single Post
Old February 6, 2012, 09:19 AM   #5
Adamantium

Don't worry not every thread goes negative here. You didn't even mention Glocks in your post so there is nothing to fear .

1. How do you determine that your rounds are more accurate? Are you comparing published velocity with yours? At what distance do you fire your weapon at? Do you have someone else load your magazines and you just fire at the target, or do you have a rest?

I doubt any of my ammo is more accurate than what I could find going through a few brands of factory ammo. But that being said I am almost 100% a handgun reloader. I reload strictly for cost savings and I can get 100 rounds of 45acp out of $4 so I am meeting my goals. I shoot at far away stuff for fun, like out to 200 yards or so but for judging accuracy I'll shoot off a sandbag at a 25 yard target.

2. I have read that you should check every 10th or so round. Have you ever bought a box of factory (as close to what you reload) ammo and disassembled 10 or so, to compare powder weight, lead weight, brass weight?

Never read that nor do I do it one the rare occasion when I buy factory. I give each cartridge a quick look over as I load it in a mag but nothing more beyond that. I do this more because one time I was loading mags while watching someone shoot and a loaded a round backwards in one. I caught it before it caused a jam but it was a lesson learned all the same.

Page generated in 0.03163 seconds with 8 queries