View Single Post
Old January 13, 2020, 02:20 PM   #73
44 AMP
Staff

Quote:
Unfortunately, the vast majority of gun owners are lazy, apathetic, and out of touch.
I disagree. At least with the lazy apathetic part. Out of touch? maybe, but who isn't, about SOME things?

I think the "vast majority" of gun owners are just that, gun owners, and not gun enthusiasts, (some gun "owners" are not gun "users") and like most people, don't get very involved in things that don't have a direct impact on their personal lives. I think the vast majority have too many other things in their lives that are more important to their day to day lives. Or, they think they do...

The guy who gets to go hunting 3 or 4 times during the season, deer, duck, whatever, has a gun, maybe two, and isn't planning on getting a new one for some years, IF the budget allows, after the bills are paid, the kids have shoes, etc, they don't care much about UBCs or another new form they'll have to fill out WHEN they are able to get another gun.

They're in the polls "supporting" UBCs because all they know (or care) about them is what the pollsters tell them. They get told something like "you need to support this, so wife-beaters don't get guns", and so, of course, they do.

They DON'T get told that "wife beaters" have been legally prohibited from owning guns since 1968....

They don't get told that, in order to sell their duck gun to their neighbor whom they have known for 30 years that they have to take the gun and the neighbor to an FFL dealer (during business hours) and pay a fee...

The "polls" are BS, about who supports what. You can get ANY result you desire from a poll, by tailoring the questions and the "sample polled".

Poll a hundred people, or even a thousand, and absolutely for sure that what the other 330MILLION people in this country think, you betcha!!

Its not just smoke and mirrors, it's also deliberate lies, both of omission and of commission.

The vast majority of gun owners don't stand "the watch on the wall" guarding their rights. Until it becomes something that touches their personal lives in an unpleasant way. THen, some do "awake" but others never do...

Page generated in 0.03423 seconds with 8 queries