Thread: CCW laws in NY
View Single Post
Old March 21, 2008, 05:37 PM   #21
jrm

Quote:
During the investigation the SCPD even went through my neighborhood and asked my neighbors humiliating questions about me such as "do I beat my wife".
Hmmm... I have nothing to compare the process to. However, I was pleasantly surprised with it.

The officer who interviewed me was professional and polite. There was a mix-up with the time - the appointment was 10:30, she called my house at 10:15 asking where I was for my 10am. Fortunately, I had pulled into the parking lot 10 minutes early. I think that "mix-up" was staged to make me off balance and defensive, but it wasn't that big a deal. The benefit was that the officer spoke with my wife and got the "do you know he is applying" question out of the way.

The interview lasted about 5 minutes. Most of the time was doing the fingerprints.

Two of my four required affidavits arrived by the time of my interview. I was told that all they use is two, so not to worry about the other arriving. I was given the impression that as long as the background check came back fine (i.e. I didn't lie on the application) the license was coming.

The SCPD, to my knowledge, never contacted anyone. At most, they may have called a reference to verify it's authenticity.

They have 6 months to answer - I received by permit in the mail in about 4.

My wife is going through the same process now. Was just as easy, but seems like it might take a little longer for the permit to come. Again, no one we know of has been contacted, and certainly no embarrassing questions have been asked.

Yes, the policy of no CCW sucks big time. But the process itself was so much simpler and less hassle than I imagined.

Again, I have nothing to compare it to, but I couldn't imagine it being easier (quicker, yes, but not easier).

Page generated in 0.03544 seconds with 8 queries