Thread: Remorse
View Single Post
Old May 15, 2014, 11:15 AM   #19
Brian Pfleuger
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Tell me which one of those statements is false if you can.
I'd be happy to via PM, if you'd like, but it's not really a topic for the forum.

The point is, they're not both right. If the creation (or material things of some sort) are to be worshiped, the creator is not. If the Creator is worshiped, He would be unhappy of the creation being worshiped.

Quote:
I wonder how many animals between us we have killed Brian. I know not of your success over the years, but I do know that I have been fortunate. I also know that I have gotten to the point in my hunting career where my priorities have changed. I get more thrill outta watching my boys get something tha I do by taking an animal myself. I get more of a thrill from letting that shooter buck or Tom walk than I do from draggin' it out.
I've killed my share. I no longer kill every animal that I have a tag for. Some I let walk, some I don't. Depends on the mood. Trophy bucks are *literally* once in a lifetime in these parts. I wouldn't let one walk. I'd be happier yet if my son could get one... but he's only 8 so we've got a few years.

Quote:
If I wish to thank him for letting me enjoy a piece of his art, why should it be an issue to you?
I have no issue with that whatsoever. (My sig line should give you a hint about what I believe.)
Giving the Creator thanks is different than thanking an animal for "giving" it's life, which the animal did not and can not do, as I explained.

Page generated in 0.03391 seconds with 8 queries