View Single Post
Old September 12, 2012, 12:36 AM   #2
tCan

The closest to reloading I've ever come is converting dove loads into 1 oz round nose slugs, but; I hear that most people start out with a "square load" depending on the shot size. This is black powder of course.

They call it a square load because you'll use the same measure for both your powder and your shot. So, depending on the powder you use and your shotsize, you'll wind up with something like 1 oz of medium shot to 50 grains of powder.

If you want to lighten the load, smaller chargers work better with smaller sized shot and vise versa. Again, I'm no expert, but these are the things that people commonly suggest when loading black powder and shot shells.

And of course you can play with plastic wads fiber wads, paper hulls, and all that old school stuff. It all works about the same in the end, and there are recipes for these variations available just about anywhere.

Sorry if my post is not that far reaching, but it may be the simplest advise (assuming of course you're interested in BP at all).

Page generated in 0.02552 seconds with 8 queries