View Single Post
Old May 29, 2012, 04:39 PM   #10
Old Grump
Member in memoriam

When my brother was in the Coast Guard he took a job as an armed Private Security Guard. He shows up with his J P Sauer & Sohn, Western Marshall, 6" .357 which of course is single action. "You cannot have that", his boss tells him on the range where he was supposed to qualify, "you need a double action." Try me brother says. They shot the course and he carried a J P Sauer & Sohn, Western Marshall single action revolver on duty. Carry what you shoot best is all I have to say.

Back in uniform I had no problems carrying a 45, preferred it in fact and got good enough to go to All Navy matches with it and later as an Army Reservist went to All Army with it. BUT, my carry gun is a Dan Wesson .357. I can shoot it double action and in self defense courses I practice double action but most rounds out of that gun over the last 40 years have been single action. I like single action because I hate to have to shoot something twice and I am inherently more accurate when shooting single action.

So my vote ZVS shoot what you are best with and don't sweat what your buddies prefer. First rule is have a gun, all else is details.
Good intentions will always be pleaded for any assumption of power. The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern will, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.
--Daniel Webster--

Page generated in 0.03536 seconds with 8 queries