View Single Post
Old February 28, 2012, 06:55 AM   #14
hounddawg

I voted clean but care less about the shine. I used to tumble on a lathe with a tumbler made from 4 inch PvC. A buddy of mine made me a offer I could not refuse on the lathe and I decided I did not need a $3K lathe as a tumbler and figured I would just buy a conventional dry tumbler or a large ultrasonic with some of the money from the lathe.

While I was trying to decide between tumbler and ultrasonic I needed to clean a bunch of pistol brass so I found a old stainless pot that was in the "going to Goodwill" pile and boiled about 500 cases with some CLR and drop of detergent. It cleaned it so well I decided to keep doing it that way and put the tumbler/ultrasonic money into powder and bullets. That was several months and a few thousand rounds ago and since that time I have shot some of the best groups of my life with my clean but semi shiny brass. Still working on finding the perfect drying method though. So far newspapers on a workbench in the garage for a day or so is good for large lots of pistol fodder, and 25 minutes in the oven at 200 for small lots of rifle brass is about the best

You guys did make a believer out of me on uniforming and cleaning my primer pockets on the long range brass though

Page generated in 0.02443 seconds with 8 queries