View Single Post
Old October 12, 2011, 03:12 PM   #11
TripHlx

WOW... I'll be honest guys, this is much more of a response than I ever hoped to get, and I appreciate it very much. I'm reading everything I can find, and will have Lyman's casting handbook on the way as soon as payday comes.

Cary: To answer your questions, I'm attempting to start casting for about $100-$150 US. I'm going to start off simple and cast for .38 Special and 9mm Luger at first. I have a small source of lead wheel weights at a fair price, I'm more that willing to smelt them myself. As for a place to do the work, I have a small amount of room outdoors to smelt my scrap lead into ingots, and a small storage building (insulated, and powered ) for all my projects. I'm already planning on picking up a 3M respirator and some replacement cartridges. Cheap as can be considering the protection in provides. I believe I have most of the other safety gear I need.

After doing some more reading and research, this is beginning to look like a hobby I can really get into. I appreciate all the feedback guys, and thank you again! Anything else you guys have to add is more than welcome.

Page generated in 0.05171 seconds with 8 queries