View Single Post
Old July 7, 2011, 10:44 AM   #9
BigJimP

Its not all about speed - when it comes to picking a loader...you need to pick one that meets your needs / without frustrating you with the time it takes.

I reload all 4 gagues - 12, 20, 28 and .410 ....and a lot of metallic in 9mm, .40S&W, .45acp,.38 spl, .357 mag and .44 mag ... and my shotshell and metallic loaders are always set up and ready to go ( I'm lucky to have a shop in my home - where I can permanently set my loaders and stuff up and leave it there unattended) .... but I still tend to load in quantities that make sense for me at the time. If I only shoot 5 or 6 boxes a week ...I may load 25 or 30 boxes of that gague. If I know my grandson and his fraternity brothers are going with me ....I'll load up 75 boxes.

I think Mec advertises the Grabber as a 8 - 10 box an hour loader .../ 9000 GN as about 14-16 and the 9000 - HN as around 20 boxes an hour. Of course as you go up in capability / the price goes up as well ...and there are other factors about space, etc. There is nothing wrong with the single stage loaders like the Jr...and they're good machines / but they're slow....

Page generated in 0.02182 seconds with 8 queries