View Single Post
Old March 1, 2011, 08:15 PM   #1
Kimio

Questions for a fairly new shooter...

I'm still learning about proper shooting habits, and while I'm not exactly a novice, I'm not very well versed in shooting and proper posture and such either.

I've searched around here on the forums a little and while I did learn a few things, I still have questions left in answered.

I'll be practicing with a 16" AR15 flat top receiver with flip up sites, chambered in .223/5.56mm

Posture seems to one of the biggest factors when it comes to shooting, and I usually try to keep my feet spread and squared off with my shoulders while leaning into my rifle, keeping my firing arm tucked close to my body.

Lately I've been trying to practice firing between the intervals of my breathing. I am not doing this for home defense at the moment, nor am I a law enforcement officer or anything of the sort. I simply want to become a better shooter and try to prevent developing bad shooting habits from the start.

Might any of you have suggestions regarding proper shooting techniques? Or perhaps videos or other websites that elaborate a little bit beyond the beginner phases of learning to shoot?

Page generated in 0.02161 seconds with 8 queries