View Single Post
Old December 24, 2010, 09:55 PM   #1
Rugerismisticness

Individual shooting techniques

Everyone has their own way to shoot. What do you find that works for you.

Ive seen that different shaped/sized hands prefer different holds as well as different grips/guns. I like both the glock and 1911 grip angles (the latter needs an arched msh for me), but I hold both in different manors. With all pistols, my general rule is that when you are holding the pistol and your arm is relaxed by your side, it should be aiming 90 degrees at the ground for shooting stability and trigger control. Also, the web of the hand should ride as high up on the frame as possible.

My lower palm takes the right side of the gun more on glocks, both thumbs are supporting each other as is normal for 1911 holds. I place the pad of the first joint on the trigger and use the second joint to actuate the trigger, this provides good straight trigger control.

1911s with short triggers and arched msh are held with the center of the web on my hand digging into the beaver tail. The second joint hugs the grips and actiates the trigger. The first finger joint is placed on the bottom of the trigger.

I started this thread because I'm having a little trouble with my double stack para p18.9, I really fond myself needing to concentrate to get proper trigger control.

Page generated in 0.02744 seconds with 8 queries