View Single Post
Old September 16, 2008, 11:23 AM   #24
kraigwy

Quote:
scope's what's a good REASONABLE scope. Not a cheap one, but a good one for bullseye target shooting. I just got into the sport and want to get better. I have a Walther p22. That you can put a weaver scope mount on. But have no clue what would be a good scope.
I'm assuming you are talking about Bullseye Pistol, as in 2700 & such.

If you get into bullseye, you're gonna want to work on your Distinguished pistol badge (EIC) matches. Iron sights are required in these matches. Stay away from scopes, aimpoints & such until you get your badge.

After, I think you will find the Aimpoint sights are what most use. But the first thing you need to do is get the rules for Bullseye pistol shooting. They can get restrictive on optics.

If you are serious about Bullseye pistol shooting , pm me with your e-mail address and I'll send you the USAMU Pistol Marksmanship Guide on .pdf file. This is the best book you can get on bullseye shooting AND ITS FREE.

I think you will enjoy bullseye, there is no better venue for learning pistol marksmanship fundamentals unless its ISU pistol shooting.
Distinguished Rifle Badge 1071

Page generated in 0.02206 seconds with 8 queries