View Single Post
Old October 26, 2005, 08:28 PM   #23
rapier144

A few years ago i was bear hunting with a friend of mine my brother and a bunch of other people that my friend knew. Well the call came over the cb that they found a bear and was turning the dogs loose on it, We rolled up on the last place it crossed the road and jumped out.They was packing even more dogs on the bear. I asked how many was turned loose and the said about 20 dogs now. My friend started into the woods and asked if i was going since it was about 3 oclock right then i said no thanks because it was getting late and did'nt want to hike out in the dark dragging a pack of dogs. So he takes off. We meet up the next morning and he has bandges on his hands and arm and i ask him what happened. He said that only him and another friend went in after the bear and when they got to it it was bayed up in a thicket and weighed about 60lbs. with 20 dogs trying to get. In tennessee the bears have to be 80 lbs or more to be legal. They begin to pull the dogs off the bear and try to shove it up a tree the only problem was the bear was pissed off and started biting them at the same time the dogs are biting them to. So they're pushing this bear up a sapling (all they could find that was close.It latched on to the other guys foot bit the hell out of it . he didnt get out of the truck the next day dont blame him none either. so they save the cub and had to drag the pack of dogs away from the tree and out of the woods by themselves in the dark. Glad i didnt go in with them

Page generated in 0.03343 seconds with 8 queries