View Single Post
Old October 3, 2005, 07:04 PM   #5
ltdave

i usually use a 168g .308 running about 2600fps (i THINK). but gun season was over so i used a 52,500,00g F250 running almost at 88fps last year to take a medium-small 8 point...

i called the sheriff because the deer wasnt dead. i had only broken its back and i didnt want to touch off a round without anyone clearing it first. especially since that would be ILLEGAL...

the sheriff came out and popped a round in its noggin' and went back to his car to fill out the kill tag. when he came back down the hill to where the deer had crawled before being shot, i had my 2 Dcell flash light and folding box cutter out. he asked if i planned to gut it right there (on the periphery of someones yard) and i said i sure was because my wife would have a fit if i did this in MY front yard...

he said hed never seen it done and would it be okay if he watched since his son had just taken a hunter safety class with his father in law. i said sure but just be aware that i had only SEEN it done ONCE, THREE years ago...

i ended up with some super tasting deer and about 200 foot long sticks of sausage. its easier to share with co-workers than a handful of raw hamburger

my only hunting story worth telling...

the deer scored a 55 on some score thing and there wasnt a mark on the truck or on the deer. other than the .40cal hole in the back of his head...

david

Page generated in 0.02459 seconds with 8 queries