View Single Post
Old May 11, 2021, 02:20 PM   #14
Shane Tuttle
Staff

I think it's becoming a venerable cartridge. The 6.5 caliber has been in Europe as what the .30 caliber is to the U.S. The 6.5x55Swede has been around for a LONG time. Economics, politics, availability, and familiarity of the .30-06 (and other cartridges) seem to constantly overshadow the capabilities of the 6.5mm for decades.

In the last few decades, Americans started to come around to the 6.5mm, generally speaking.

I think this is why the Creedmoor is so popular. The timing of its development and advertising played key roles in it catching on. Don't get me wrong. The performance of the cartridge speaks for itself. However, if the general public isn't sold on it, there's nothing you can do to make it a mainstay on the shelves of gun stores.

I have acquaintances in my area that believes there are better long range cartridges for hunting bigger game. Can the Creedmoor handle the same game they hunt? I'm sure it can. Hunters have their preferences, though, in what they want.

I believe the Creedmoor is here to stay, regardless of my personal choice. I have a 1500 KRG that was originally chambered in the Creedmoor. What did my gunsmith do? He punched it out to a 6.5-284Norma. If you want to see a dust-up happen, ask which is better between those two. You might as well ask if Ford or Chevy is better.

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

Page generated in 0.03393 seconds with 8 queries