View Single Post
Old October 6, 2019, 03:04 PM   #13
Aguila Blanca
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Whiskey
OP, I would list on Armslist as well while you have it on consignment. Your price is in the ballpark (if a bit high) if it's in very good shape, and .38/.357 (the most popular and in demand caliber). I suspect your issue is lack of exposure.

Post it for $470.00 on Armslist if it's in great shape, be prepared to take about $430.00. It will likely sell at that price within a month, depending on caliber and condition. If you are worried about private sales, then you can go through an FFL and do a transfer to record it. This will cost a fee. Let your final price reflect that fee. You still should make $400.00 off the deal that way, plus get it sold pretty quick.
Just a caution: Read your consignment agreement before you advertise the gun anywhere else, and especially if you advertise it for a lower price. At least in this corner of the universe, a consignment agreement is a binding contract under which the owner/seller assigns to the FFL an exclusive right to offer the firearm for sale, for a period stipulated in the agreement (most I have done ran for 90 days).
Jeepaholic

Page generated in 0.02702 seconds with 8 queries