View Single Post
Old December 26, 2020, 03:05 PM   #11
44 AMP
Staff

Quote:
But, a Bull barrel is not intended as a hunting barrel. Yes you can lug it but hunting is a whole different ball game.
Some "bull barrels" are absolutely intended for hunting. Mind you, I put the heavy varmint barrels in the "bull barrel" group.

They aren't intended for DEER hunting, or any other big game, they are meant for hunting varmints (or other small game that is mostly stationary when shots are taken)

Remington, Winchester, Ruger and others have sold a LOT of bull barrel varmint guns since the 60s as factory standard items. For HUNTING....

I've had a Winchester bull barrel M70 in .22-250 for about 40 years. Large numbers of woodchucks, rockchucks, prairie dogs, gophers, crows and other varmints have been taken with it, though by today's "internet" standards its probably sub optimal since in MY hands, with MY reloads, it "only" shoots a 3/4" MOA group...without "chasing the lands", without bumping the shoulder back .002", without neck turning, without any special case prep at all, other than trimming below max length and FULL LENGTH resizing....

Gun goes about 12lbs, its not a "stalking rifle" and not meant to be...

Page generated in 0.03343 seconds with 8 queries