View Single Post
Old April 17, 2012, 07:06 AM   #11
dyl

Host + Format

I like the role the host plays. I bet he is more knowledgable than he lets on so that he can connect to folks newer to the topics at hand. He'll ask the questions most are thinking inside and leave the questions most need to be thinking about to panel.

I appreciate seeing the video in segments. It provides analysis on the fly which might potentially build some good habits instead of reacting to everything after the fact. We have enough of that in real life. Wouldn't it be great to be able to think: "wait, what should I be worried about at this point?" rather than "did I just get robbed?". The panel discussion is a pretty efficient way of getting inside several people's heads at once. Another alternative would have taken much longer - which would be a running commentary as the video plays for each panel member who has a pause button. Although that might be useful to identify exactly when / what cues a certain thought to a trainer / LEO. A lecture style of seeing the video first and then speaking about it all at once would shift the focus away from the scenario which the audience is supposed to be engaging in.

At first I thought this was going to be like "Crime Strike" - which is a great series of videos by the way. Very novel approach. It was up-beat even when speaking about serious issues and I believe that encourages thought.

Page generated in 0.02434 seconds with 8 queries