View Single Post
Old March 13, 2018, 03:30 PM   #1
Doc Holliday 1950

When will we talk about Parental Responsibility?

I wrote this to another post in this section. I think it's very important to discuss this.

" Now that we've kicked the can around on the age and maturity of young adults buying any weapons or taking their parents weapons. Let's talk about the responsibility that the parents of many of the school/other mass killings have or any shooting where the shooter uses a relative's weapon.

All of the people that I know that have weapons and have children or young adults living at home with weapons have gun safes that can only be opened by the parent or parents.

Some of these mass killings at schools would not have happened if the parents had locked their weapons up. My father never let on to me that he kept his 45
semi-automatic pistol from WW2 locked in a safe in our home. It was only after I joined my home town Police Force(at 21 years old) as an AuxLEO did I find out that he had his 45. This is what I'm talking about. The responsibility that parents have when owning weapons and have children or young adults living with them.

All of our weapons are locked in a safe except when we are carrying and/or have one on our nightstands. When anyone comes to my home, regardless of who they are, my weapons are in a safe or concealed on us. Only 2 of my neighbors know that we have guns as we both go to the same range with these neighbors.
One of my neighbors has 2 young girls who they take to our range. They want their kids to understand safe gun ownership and handling of guns. Their father locks up their guns when they get home. This is just plain old good sense and parenting".
There is no excuse for not being a responsible gun owner.

Doc

Page generated in 0.03051 seconds with 8 queries