View Single Post
Old June 10, 2019, 05:29 AM   #4
Old 454

Took it to the range yesterday.

It ate everything I fed it.
Agila... American Eagle ...PPU... and my handloads.

No FTF...FTE...
Brass ejected about 5 feet at the 2 to 4 o'clock position.
Iron sights were pretty well zeroed in at 50 yards... will take it to the 100 yard and 200 yard next with spotting scope to get it zeroed in.

Charging handle located under the carrying handle is a bit stiff... but I think will get easier with use.

Shooting was a pleasure... I thought the recoil would have been a little more stout but not to bad at all.
Trigger was clean and not gritty... I would venture to say about 5lb pull.. will have to put my trigger guage on it later today.
The flash suppressor is a 3 prong Dutch style... it will ring (vibrate) like tuning fork
Also there is no heat shielding in the fore grips... so if you do a few mag dumps it will heat up pretty quick.
Barrel is a heavy fluted barrel made by Faxon.. actually pretty nice.
Nitrate treated inside and out and has a phosphate coating on the outside for that 1950's look
Buffer and spring are rifle length and helps mitigate the recoil.
There is no forward assist or brass deflector so it will mark up by the ejection port.
Lower on it is very clean .. not alot of stamped or engraving .. also a slight flare on the mag well for easy mag insertions.
Pmags do not work in this rifle you will need dpms SR-25 mags.

The BCG is chromed and works very smooth.

All in all I am very happy with this rifle... works as it should and very clean looking without all the nonsense on newer AR10's. Comes with 1 magazine

And I do believe they are on sale at Brownells for about 1100.00

Last edited by Old 454; June 10, 2019 at 07:35 AM.

Page generated in 0.03250 seconds with 8 queries