View Single Post
Old June 11, 2013, 06:17 PM   #17
Fishing_Cabin

While not always thrilled with shooting in the rain, I have done it before, and plan on doing it again. Its a good idea (to me at least) to practice in different so that you can focus on shooting even while uncomfortable due to the weather.

Not saying I would take my nicely blued browning shotguns out for skeet in the rain, though I have taken, and will again take, the 1911 I carry, hi-power, and AR I regularly practice with. They all get somewhat wet in normal use at times so I don't see a big deal at all. Just part of a workout for regular firearms. The moisture I don't feel is a huge problem, because I clean the firearms when I return home, so they get oiled and wiped down in addition to the cleaning while I have everything already out. Beyond that, I cant help what the weather is on the day I have to qualify id. Hot, cold, wet, dry, no matter.

I do try to watch for lightning close by, and also flash flood warnings, since a couple of the ranges I shoot at I have to drive through a small creek right before the range.

Page generated in 0.02550 seconds with 8 queries