Thread: what do I need?
View Single Post
Old November 19, 2021, 03:15 PM   #12
Erno86

Quote:
Originally Posted by old fart View Post
I have found this deer season that my eyes aren't what they used to be, missed three deer this morning. I have great distance vision but can't see close up. I either have blurry sites and see the deer or wear my reading glasses to see my sites but have blurry deer, it's a no win. I have a model 54 Sears made by Winchester and it takes a side mount. What do I need to get it up and shooting with a scope? I don't know anything about side mounts, all the screws are gone from the gun, so the mounts will need to have them. Thanks for any help.
Is your Sears Model 54, already drilled and tapped for peep sights?

If you choose to use a peep sight (Lyman???) for deer hunting. Unscrew the tiny peep aperture, so you'll have a ghost ring sight; which will give you a much better field of view for hunting large game.

A new pair of glasses (not reading glasses) for me, helped me immensely for seeing the front iron sight, without too much blur.

--- George Orwell

Page generated in 0.02072 seconds with 8 queries