View Single Post
Old March 3, 2012, 04:30 PM   #3
Scimmia

Welcome! I've gotta say, for someone new to reloading you seem to have a real grasp on things. You're completely right that the length of the bullet has a direct effect on seating depth and charge weight, and that finding data for a specific bullet can be difficult. This is why you always want to start with a "starting" charge and work your way up. I use a bullet similar to the second one you posted and found 5.2 gr of Unique to be too hot at 1.120" OAL, if that helps you at all. I run 4.7 gr and get 1120 FPS out of a 4.7" barrel.

Quote:
I have removed the decapping pin from the sizing die because I do this in a separate step before cleaning the cases.
Why remove the decapper? If you're cleaning in walnut or corn cob media, it's probably better to leave the decapper in just in case there's some stuck in the flash hole.

Quote:
how do you set this up to not happen?
Why do you want it to not happen? What's it hurting? For the most part, it's considered normal. It'll happen with brass with thicker walls, and happen less or not at all with brass with thinner walls. Really, though, what's the big deal?

Page generated in 0.03274 seconds with 8 queries