View Single Post
Old May 2, 2009, 10:33 AM   #12
Skans

The Biggerhammer website has about the best and most complete information you will find on the HAC-7. I own one - #2xx - one of the later produced rifles (well, if 200 constitutes "later produced??).

As far as I know, they all came with a belt buckle with the corresponding serial number. Some had two mags, some had only one and some ammo. Mine has only one magazine. Obviously the more magazines you have the more desireable it is. The Belt buckle is very important to collectibility. There was also a HAC knife that was available - I'd love to find one of those, as very few were ever purchased.

In mint condition prices for a complete HAC-7 with buckle have ranged anywhere from about $2,300 to approaching $4,000. I've owned mine for about 7 years, and that's about how long I've been following prices for these guns. Prices seemed to be higher during the assault weapons ban, as there were far fewer folding .308's available.

But, I cold only make a rough calculated guess at what someone would pay for a HAC-7 with serial number 001, espeicially if it's in mint condition with all of the goodies.

One problem with the HAC-7 is that because so few were ever poduced, you don't have enough collectors out there to create a thriving market. I attended the Rock Island Auction last week and watched several Ingram prototypes sell in the $2,000+ range. I got a chance to handle these prototypes, and although interesting, they were nowhere comparable to the quality of the HAC-7. But for the fact that there were only one or two of the given prototypes turned what I'd consider to be a $350 gun into a $2,000+ gun.

So, what kind of premium would someone pay for a HAC-7 #001 prototype? My guess would be about $2,000 over and above what it would sell for if it were #215. I'm really just basing this off of that I saw Ingram's prototypes sell for.

Page generated in 0.04243 seconds with 8 queries