View Single Post
Old July 17, 2013, 01:23 PM   #140
warrior poet

That's why I do it the way I do; I don't have to think. With a threat where I have to react immediately, there is the pistol. Muscle memory and training kick in and away we go, civilian (and military) law be damned, I am staying alive. I would rather be judged by 1, 3, 6, or 12 (and maybe others in different states) by military and civilian law, than die.
But, if I am fully up and alert (with all the time in the world) racking the slide and hoping they run is (unfortunately) my best bet to stay out of Leavenworth. An overzealous DA (or commander, and yes, they exist) could easily argue that I did not follow local laws (DoD personnel are required to, after all) and boom, I am now 'the bad guy.'
State laws (the ones I have to live with when living off base) vary from place to place, and rather than try a 'castle defense' in a state that doesn't have it, this is my (sadly) best option.

Tactically, locked and loaded is ALWAYS the way to go, IMHO. Unfortunately, I have to consider what happens next, after I decide to employ a weapon (in any manner) and ignorance of the law is not a defense.

Page generated in 0.02251 seconds with 8 queries