View Single Post
Old February 3, 2012, 04:03 AM   #10
nate45

It brings up lots of questions, especially here on TFL.

Many of us often write about our security precautions and HD weapons. We often discuss how to deal with home invaders. When the alarm goes off and/or the dog/s start barking and the door comes crashing in, followed by guys in balaclavas wearing camouflage; how many among us are going to start shooting?

Then what after the incident is over? What does the agency involved say? Sorry we got the wrong house? Sorry we destroyed your property and/or killed, or maimed you? Sorry, but the house two doors down, was a low level drug dealer and we needed to use military style tactics in the interest of public safety? I wouldn't even comment, or be overly concerned, but if one does a google search, they'll find these types of incidents are not all that rare.

If these types of operations are going to continue to be conducted, then some safeguards need to be implemented. At the very least, one or two people in supervisory positions should always be held absolutely responsible for getting the right location. When I say absolutely, I mean monetarily, legally, the works. If you're in charge and the wrong house is invaded, you lose your job, you lose a lot of your money and you do time in jail.

Page generated in 0.02137 seconds with 8 queries