View Single Post
Old February 12, 2011, 03:33 PM   #10
bedbugbilly

Ben - I've never shot 357s in mine so I can't say how it would do with 'em. I'vve shot some FMJ and was able to keep fairly tight groups at about 15 yards with them. The best luck I've had is with wad cutters. I've been buying the cheaper wad cutters - mainly because of price. I'm not a competitive shooter - just like to target practice and kill paper plates and pop cans. I've shot about 300 - 400 rounds through mine (I'm guessing) and either it is getting "broken in" or I'm getting better at aiming it - or a combination of both. I think it is a case of just playing around and finding the right kind of food it likes to eat? I'm saving all of my brass and hope to get set up in reloading 38spl this next summer when I get back to MI. As I said, I'm not a competitive shooter like a lot of you are - I've read about those that have had theirs "tuned up" and work done on them. Maybe I was lucky with the one I bought, but it is one of the smoothest cocking and indexing revolvers I've ever shot and it has a great trigger pull - it's one of those that just sort of "melts in your hand" (at least for me). I was tickled pink with it just as it came out of the box. I was able to shoot at some self defense profile targets at an indoor range out here in AZ a couple of weeks ago and I was very pleased with the way it shot - all of them in the "kill zone" at varying distances. Good luck with yours and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do mine.
If a pair of '51 Navies were good enough for Billy Hickok, then a single Navy on my right hip is good enough for me . . . besides . . . I'm probably only half as good as he was anyways. Hiram's Rangers Badge #63

Page generated in 0.02947 seconds with 8 queries