View Single Post
Old August 30, 2010, 01:43 PM   #8
KenpoTex

Quote:
It is in the way though. Half the time I couldn't line up the front sight between the rear blades and missed my poppers.
Your rear-sight provides feedback on both vertical and horizontal alignment. If it's "in the way," that means your alignment is off. Removing the rear-sight isn't going to solve your problem, it's just going to eliminate the indication that there is a problem. To me this would be like having a knocking in your engine, but instead of fixing it, you just put in ear plugs so you don't hear the annoying noise.

If you are having problems with sight alignment, I would submit that your best "fix" is to spend more time working your drawstroke and doing some dry-fire so as to increase the consistency of your "line of presentation" (the path your weapon takes as you press out toward the target). When your presentation is smooth and consistent, the sights serve only as final confirmation that your index is correct.

Matt K.

Page generated in 0.02305 seconds with 8 queries