View Single Post
Old February 5, 2009, 12:15 PM   #1
dobeman

Another Taurus 85 trigger spring challenge

so I opened my Taurus 85 UL with the intent to do a Wolff Springs replacement on the hammer spring and trigger return spring.

I got everything disassembled fine. parts all cleaned up.

I am able to get all the parts back in and everything cycles fine without the trigger spring. DA mode works. SA mode works - without the trigger spring.

When I put the trigger spring back in - either the original or one of the Wolff replacement springs - for some reason I can't get the trigger pulled far enough back to go through a complete DA cycle or to release from SA cock-back. If I pull really hard on the trigger at the end of the trigger pull - it will go, but something is not right. And again, what's puzzling is everything seems to work and align fine with the trigger spring out - no tension on the trigger.

Also, the transfer bar/arm thingy that sandwhiches between the firing pin and the hammer to enable a shot - it is supposed to flop back and forth? It is seated in the hole in the trigger, but the top of it flops back and forth when the hammer is pulled back.

Any suggestions on the trigger spring, trigger pull puzzle?

thanks

Page generated in 0.03344 seconds with 8 queries