View Single Post
Old February 26, 2008, 08:14 PM   #8
Pahoo

Mac Attack/ Reliabilityman,

I do not know when the change came about however, as stated, Mine is early 80's, not a kit and serial number is #315XX, no alpha designation. Other physical features I might ask Y'all about are as follows but really do not know the significance. Hope I can communicate this better than my previous posts.

1) These older models have a higher more pronounced comb. Stocks are generally cut better. Check your combs !!!

2) Mine is not labled "Hawken" top of the barrel, this came later. Are yours marked or not?? I might add that I have a Seneca of this era and it too has no name on the top of the barrel.

3) This older model has the third hole drilled and tapped at the Tang for peep site mounting. Looks for that third hole on the tang. The current models that I have seen, do not have this third mounting hole.

Would appreciate you Y'all getting back to me on this information. I have also read information on when they changed the comb heigth. Will go back to my books and perhaps make a connection. I believe the source came from Sam Fadala, the outdoor writer. ... Be safe and please get back to me!!

Page generated in 0.03651 seconds with 8 queries