View Single Post
Old February 6, 2014, 06:41 PM   #1
the1mu

No Weapons Signage

First off, I live in Washington where there is no force of law for signage. Secondly, I try to never go to a place and spend money where there are no weapons permitted signs. Thirdly, I always look at the front of stores to see if there is any visible signage before going in.

I have always been pleasantly surprised at how little signage my home state has including the mall (and movie theaters) where I sometimes take my not yet 2 year old daughter to play (she doesn't understand gloves and coats as being important so on even chilly days I try not to take her outside for too long). As always, I checked (again) for signage and proceeded to play with my daughter. At one point, I noticed a code of conduct posting near the main entrance. It was only about 11x16 in size with relatively small size.

The second "rule" was no weapons, (and it said this) even those that may be possessed with a legal permit. Needless to say, I was disappointed. I was also frustrated that it was not more clearly displayed. If perhaps I had been noticed by mall security (I generally carry OWB with a shirt covering my gun) they could have asked me to leave and have that code to back them up (no force of law, just trespassing if I didn't comply). One, that I'm sure 99% of the people have never seen or read.

Now I have to decide if I will ever go back there or not (play place is free). What would you do? And why?

Page generated in 0.03091 seconds with 8 queries