Thread: akdal mka 1919
View Single Post
Old November 26, 2013, 03:27 AM   #4
Tejicano

I have had a Saiga-12 for a few years and just picked up an MKA-1919 last week. I got this for home defense primarily so I chopped off the stock and put a folding stock on it. (I also replaced the trigger, sear, hammer, and gas piston with US made parts to be 922r compliant due to the folding stock.)

The upper is aluminum and the lower - receiver, magazine well, pistol grip, and buttstock - are all one piece of polymer. The top of the upper is a picatinny rail - the carry handle/rear sight and front sight (both also polymer) - can be quickly removed. I put an EOTech holo-sight on mine and dropped the plastic sight assemblies.

This gun is quite light and handy. All controls - except for the charging handle - are basically the same as those on an AR so anybody familiar with that platform will have very little to figure out. The charging handle is the same as that on the AK system.

When you break this shotgun down the upper, barrel, and bolt assemblies look very much like any standard tube-fed semi-auto shotgun except that the tube is thinner since it is only the gas/recoil system.

Page generated in 0.03036 seconds with 8 queries