View Single Post
Old September 9, 2011, 09:25 AM   #18
shortwave

Coyotes, being a big problem in these parts as there's no natural predators for them other then man, thankfully, our DNR dept. has some common sense and deemed it necessary to have open season on them.

Along with the few yotes I've killed around here, I go up to the Western part of Ohio where there are four adjoining sheep farms consisting of several hundred acres. They lose an average of one sheep a week to yotes. Never going over a two week period without losing at least one.

You can always tell when the pups are starting to get some size to them as the sheep kill ratio seems to go up.

I have shot several there this summer and wished I had more time to spend up there. The four farmers were so thankful we were coming up but knew it was a long drive for us so they went together and bought a camper for us to stay in. We plan on putting a hurtin on the yote population in that area come next spring as our fall/winter deer,rabbit, squirrel and turkey hunting takes most of our time when in season.

One thing I know is that buzzards have to eat as well and I do my best to make that task as easy as I can for them. They love yote carcass.

Page generated in 0.03764 seconds with 8 queries