View Single Post
Old May 19, 2011, 01:47 AM   #34
Bill Akins

Thanks for the suggestions fellas. I have a few .45 auto rim cartridge cases left over from my days of owning a S&W 1917 revolver. As most of you no doubt already know, the .45 auto rim is exactly the same as the .45 ACP only instead of a cannelure groove for the extractor and chambering on the case mouth, it has a rim instead.

I'm wondering if I could use those also in my Uberti Hombre. Kind of like using the .45 ACP in a .45 Colt Ruger that has the extra .45 ACP cylinder. Should be about the same shouldn't it, only with a rim instead of chambering on the case mouth? Projectile has to jump a bit further to engage the forcing cone, but it would with the .45 ACP also.

I'm also wondering if I can reload the .45 auto rim with my new Lee .45 Colt dies? Are the rims on the .45 auto rim the same thickness and diameter as on the .45 Colt?

"This is my Remy and this is my Colt. Remy loads easy and topstrap strong, Colt balances better and never feels wrong. A repro black powder revolver gun, they smoke and shoot lead and give me much fun. I can't figure out which one I like better, they're both fine revolvers that fit in my leather".
"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target".

Last edited by Bill Akins; May 19, 2011 at 01:58 AM.

Page generated in 0.03438 seconds with 8 queries