View Single Post
Old May 19, 2017, 09:14 PM   #18
Bucksnort1

Condor Bravo,

Thanks. Good information. I understand about the seating die and removing the mouth bell. I will work with it more.

Don P says he always loads to 1.250".

Last week, when I loaded my 185 JHPs, I used the 1.275" COAL. They are still at that length and look strange. Should I seat these just a bit more so they look like a 45ACP? Do I need to be concerned about increased pressure if I do this?

As I said, I'm using 5.2 grains of HP-38. I have forgotten my source. I am not at my loading desk. I never load any handgun cartridge above starting grains. I don't load handgun for hunting or to punch holes in paper at 1,000 yards so I'm not concerned about splitting hairs. I load mostly because I love it and it keeps me off the streets but not out of the woods.

I apply the same principle for my rifle cartridges. I do use them for hunting and have never had an accuracy problem. For big game hunting, I'm not concerned about driving tacks at 1,000 yards.

74A95, I have screwed the die down as far as it will go and the stem as far as it will go. I will apply a little lubricant to the case and see what happens.

Page generated in 0.03110 seconds with 8 queries