View Single Post
Old April 10, 2013, 11:54 AM   #54
Gaerek

Quote:
Good Lord. It's a documented fact that Glock has had some problems with the Gen 4s. There was a recall for a reason. Does this make them the worst company ever? No, it doesn't. But pretending it didn't happen is just ridiculous.
I never once said there wasn't a problem. I never once said anyone is calling them the worst company ever. If you read, you'll even see where I hope they fix the problem. Here, I'll save you some trouble:

Quote:
I really hope Glock fixes it [BTF issue], but this is one issue that wouldn't sway me from buying a gun.
My primary point has been that other manufacturers get passes for known problems that are FAR worse than BTF. You see it all the time.

"Oh the barrel lug on your XD broke after less than 1000 rounds? Send it back, must be a bad one!"

"Wow, an M&P shooting brass in your face every other round? Must be a bad one, better contact S&W and get it fixed!"

Compared to:

"See, Glocks aren't "perfection." You're getting brass to your face every 2 boxes of ammo. Pfftt, this is why I'll never own a Glock. Better cut your losses, sell it and get an XDM...no way you'll ever have a problem with that."

And these are all paraphrases of conversations I've been a part of or overheard over the last couple months. Look hard enough and long enough, and you'll see the same trend. It's "trendy" to Glock-hate.

My secondary point was that it is a limited problem. Far more guns DON'T have the problem, than do. This isn't giving Glock a pass, it's telling the truth. They still need to fix it. However, the chances of it happening at a critical moment are almost zero.

If you don't want to shoot Glocks for this reason, that's cool. I don't have a problem with it. I don't care if people complain about this problem. It IS a problem, and it really does need to get fixed. I had it for a while, but thankfully, the problem went away on it's own. But even when it did happen it wasn't a huge issue for me. It was rare enough (maybe once in a trip to the range) as to be basically a non-issue.

In the future, please don't put words into my mouth. I'll defend Glock, but only as far as is reasonable. I know there's a problem, but people make a MUCH bigger issue out of it than it really is.

Page generated in 0.02719 seconds with 8 queries