View Single Post
Old March 26, 2012, 03:22 AM   #1
laea7777

Stinky Salmon Dog Treats

Hello.

I made the mistake of putting some Thinkers (gingko biloba laced salmon dog treats) in my backpack. She loves those things and I thought they would be good to have in case she got off the leash and I was trying to entice her to come back. But, the bag opened up and now a lot of gear I was planning to take hunting (fire starter, GPS, headlamp, backpack) smells like bad salmon. I call them Stinkers, because they smell nasty and I've since gotten rid of them because they make her fart something vicious. But, the smell remains. When I where my headlamp I can smell it. Even a packet of tissues that was in there stinks up my hands and face when I blow my nose.

Since stinky salmon is exactly what you don't want to smell like if you're anywhere where there could possibly be a bear around, do you have any suggestions as to how to get rid of that smell? I'd hate to have to replace all that gear, and I'd hate even more to be... you know, mauled or eaten by a bear.

I've washed the backpack with unscented soap and that seems to have worked, but I'm hesitant to toss the GPS and headlamp into the washing machine.

Page generated in 0.02875 seconds with 8 queries