View Single Post
Old April 16, 2011, 09:49 AM   #14
Double Naught Spy

Quote:
Being retired, I don't want to lose those skills. I shoot regularly with a good friend that is active LE. He, too, realizes that his Dept. does not do enough training...not that they don't want to, they just do not have the budget for it.
The department might want more training, but chances are, most of the cops don't want to be forced to go through it. Heck, they know their lives may depend on their gun skills and far too many won't spend $25 every two months to put 50-100 rounds down range. The mindset seems to be that if the department isn't paying for it, they sure as heck won't pay for it as the department would be getting a better skilled officer at no expense to the department. They seem to fail to realize that it isn't the department that is going to benefit.

Heck, far too many officers don't bother to properly maintain their carry weapons. Of course, all this seems to hold for CCW folks as well, but to a lesser extent as they usually carry because they want to, not because somebody is forcing them.

Page generated in 0.03648 seconds with 8 queries