View Single Post
Old August 14, 2009, 10:45 AM   #5
ZeSpectre

Sounds like you did fine to me though I might have written down (or dictated, my phone has a great voice recorder built in) a detailed description to give to the police if something else happened.

Quote:
After suspecting something being up, should I have gotten out of my car and went inside?
NO. If something had been up that would have put you inside the bad guy(s) sphere of influence.
also, as I've ranted about before, if you see one suspected bad guy you simply MUST assume that there might be others you haven't noticed yet.

Quote:
Should I have gotten out of my car when I saw my girlfriend coming?
Hard to say but I'd lean towards NO. Have the car ready to run in case you and she needed to make a quick exit.

Quote:
My girlfriend and I talked about a code phrase if we thought something was wrong.
A huge YES on the "code phrases"! This is a PRIME example of why my wife and I have a few "code phrases" set up so that we can communicate urgency without tipping our hand.

For example, I HATE mashed potatoes and will NEVER eat them so if I were to say at any given time "Gosh I'm hungry, you know I really want some mashed potatoes" my wife knows that means "EMERGENCY, WE NEED TO GET OUT OF HERE RIGHT NOW!" Yet the phrase itself is innocent and could be inserted into almost any conversation at any time without alerting others that it's a "panic button".

Happily your "we'll be late for the movies" worked, but go ahead and figure out an "emergency phrase" or two of your own. It's one of those things that sounds really silly right up until you need it.

Last edited by ZeSpectre; August 14, 2009 at 10:54 AM.

Page generated in 0.03612 seconds with 8 queries