View Single Post
Old January 16, 2013, 08:47 PM   #120
Metal god

Quote:
If it goes through an FFL there's a record. In essence, just think about the rules(for PPT) in CA and apply them nationally.
Yea I get that . my point was/is . If there is no paper work on the gun now i.e. you bought it at a gun show PP . you then sell it through a FFL dealer . That same gun is later found at a crime seen , how do the cops know where to look for paper work . They would have no idea what gun store did the transfer . So yes there is paper work to follow but nobody knows where that paper work starts . That is if they really destroy the info after the background check .

I think there is more to this back ground check thing then meets the eye . I was thinking of it more like the no fly list . if your name is on the list you do not get to buy a gun . Not like a list of every firearm we all own . If there is data saved somewhere that has all the info of every americans personal life from how many tickets you've got to every hospital visits . I would have a huge problem with that .

Does anybody know how the NICS works in detail and how they come to have said info that would disqualify you from owning a gun .

I almost always write my posts regardless of content in a jovial manor and intent . If that's not how you took it , please try again .

Page generated in 0.03320 seconds with 8 queries