View Single Post
Old October 2, 2018, 07:22 AM   #5
steve4102

1639 will be placed on the WA ballot in November.

Quote:
Lawsuits
Three lawsuits were filed against the initiative: one lawsuit filed by the National Rifle Association (NRA) challenged the ballot title and summary, which resulted in the title and summary being re-written. Another lawsuit that sought to keep the initiative from securing a place on the ballot was dismissed. A lawsuit was filed shortly after the initiative was certified on July 27, 2018 alleging that the ballot language and petition format did not meet statutory requirements and, therefore, that the obtained signatures were invalid and the measure should be stricken from the ballot. On August 17, Thurston County Superior Court Judge James Dixon ruled in favor of the NRA, removing the measure from the ballot. The Alliance for Gun Responsibility, proponents of the initiative, filed a notice of appeal with the Washington Supreme Court. On August 24, 2018, the Washington Supreme Court reversed the lower court's ruling, allowing the initiative to stay on the November 2018 ballot.
https://ballotpedia.org/Washington_I..._Measure_(2018)

If I had to guess and I do, I would guess that 1639 has a real good chance of passing in Nov. Good luck to the people of WA, you are going to need it.

Page generated in 0.03236 seconds with 8 queries