View Single Post
Old November 22, 2008, 01:07 PM   #6
Double Naught Spy

Quote:
I think you misunderstand what I believe needs to happen.
Nope. You said we need to go in a different direction because you were not aware of appeals to emotion being used on the gun front by us. You thought pro gun folks used logic and stats instead and that it wasn't working.

I simply stated that you had missed the boat for not realizing the emotion card was most definitely being played by pro gun groups and then noted how the facts and stats are often bogus and that both sides use them just like both sides use emotion.

Be that as it may, just what sort of emotion-based propaganda do you see being employed. What groups are you trying to win over? Are you thinking of a unicorns with guns campaign to entice the younger female generation?

Interesting point, it is harder to sway folks into a position for them to support if 1) they don't believe it is beneficial to them, and 2) if it might cost them $.

How many avid pro-gun people do you know that aren't gun owners or aren't the spouses of gun owners? You probably won't know many. How many adult members of the NRA are non-gun owners or spouses of owners?

If they don't have some sort of vested interest in the topic, they are likely to be ambivalent at best, against it at worst.

Non-gun owners are much less worried about losing a right they don't exercise than gun owners who exercise the right.

So getting people to be pro gun is going to mean, most likely, getting there to be more gun owners and thereby getting more folks to have a vested interest in this right.

Page generated in 0.02101 seconds with 8 queries