View Single Post
Old April 13, 2010, 10:19 AM   #16
Christchild

My Load Data "Labels" look like the list below...(this is the updated label)

Row/Qty.:_______________________
Caliber/Cartridge:___________________
Brass:________________________
Powder:________________________
Bullet Description:________________...
..._______________________________
Bullet Wt. Range:__________________
Primer: Federal Gold Medal Match Large Rifle

I keep a list of them in Microsoft Works on my laptop and when I need more I print a few pages then cut them out. You can always go into Your PC and make modifications to Your labels. There's a list of them, and the only variable is the Primer entry...Fed. 210M, Fed. Large Pistol and CCI Large Rifle Magnum. The "Qty." is for 1 quantity of the same load, the "Row" pinpoints the location of 1 load in an ammo box (the sides of the ammo boxes are Numbered and Lettered)...useful when storing a few handloads or loading for someone else. Yes, I do that, but WHO I load a few for, is the key to not having problems. Load for a very select, very few people who are "smarter than the average bear".

When carrying multiple loads in an ammo box for a range trip, usually for load development, I write all the info down in a notebook to have it all together and save my labels.

I don't load much bulk so I don't count the number of loadings. I DO try to keep loadings-per-brass to 3, maybe 4, then use a different piece to avoid cracking (specify FL Sized and/or Neck Sized, though). I recently put all the "pieces" together to start annealing, so workhardening is less of a threat!

Page generated in 0.04473 seconds with 8 queries