View Single Post
Old January 4, 2019, 03:19 PM   #65

455 Webley and 455 Smith

I was able to get both of these Revolvers, both are very old. I reload for both albeit reduced loads. They look great, nice feel, and a pleasure to shoot something a 100 years old. Let me tell you a story about the Webley. I contacted a gun store owner 80 years old and after 2 years of walking on glass I was able to buy the gun. He told me his father had just died, it belonged to him, He also gave me the original box of cartridges with 4 empty cases. He told me when he was 9 years old his father and him went to a gravel pit to let the boy shoot. He picked up the cases and they went home. The gun was never fired after that. The 455 Webley I was able to get had only been fired 4 times. He wanted the gun to go to a friend because he new his life was about to be cut short. I will never forget that day, you see he was crying, his hand was shaking as he handed over the revolver, shells, holster, and original cleaning kit. I had to drive 250 miles home with the largest lump in my throat. I think about that every time I take it to the range.
455 with wet eyes.

Page generated in 0.02420 seconds with 8 queries